Announcements

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Q&A: What's On That Character Sheet?

Geek Cutes Cover
This is in regards to the cover of Geek Cutes. The scene on the cover refers to the first story in the anthology, "Dungeon Therapy." The character sheet is meant to represent the Dwarf Fighter that Rita (the main character) plays in the tabletop game, "Blaggards & Blades." 

In creating the cover, I designed an entire character sheet and filled it out, because I wasn't sure how much of it would end up showing up on the cover. I wanted to make a generic-looking character sheet that wouldn't infringe on any specific game's copyright. I only made it half-size because I knew I wasn't going to show the entire thing.

For stats, I went with Brains (INT+WIS), Brawn (STR+CON), and Style (DEX+CHA). I've always wanted to write a simple RPG using these stats. I use similar system in the Bloodhunters RPG (which is a work in progress), but that system only uses 6-sided dice, while the fictional "Blaggards & Blades" uses a more traditional set of fantasy dice.

Below is a close-up of the character sheet. I can't say it really looks playable. The selection of skills is particularly odd. But for a book cover, it does its job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paperbacks Now Available

Want to read my books, but don't like electronics? Most of my books are now available in paperback. So far it's just on Amazon, but ...